Buyers are looking at lots of different features when they search for a home, and they can overlook cosmetic choices that don't match their taste. However, smells are something that many buyers have difficulty moving past. Pet odors, cooking smells, or overpowering fragrances and overuse of air fresheners can turn buyers around at the door. Here are a few tips and tricks to help combat odors and keep your home smelling fresh.
1. If you have a fan option on your thermometer, set that to medium or high to allow for extra air circulation.
2. Change the filter in your HVAC system.
3. Keep litter boxes scooped.
4. Vacuum pet hair regularly.
5. Wash pet bedding and spritz an odor killing spray on pet beds and rugs.
6. Open up windows when you can.
7. Use scents and scented products sparingly.